Sunday, August 12, 2012

A New Old Kitchen

I had been wanting to do this since before we moved in! Then this spring I could take it no longer and I just started taking off doors and painting like crazy. I spent about two weeks and then Quenton helped me finish the project the day before Easter we worked for 12 hours straight...and then I even stayed up to decorate my cookies for Easter Sunday. Needless to say, I slept zilch that night...and it was worth it.

OLD: This is what it looked like before:


say it with me... WAY. TOO. OAK. !!!!!????!!!!


NEW:


 I did a faux finish on the island to accent the light cabinets and make them look a little more modern and a LOT less "1989" (note: still waiting for the stove and dishwasher to die so we can update those too)

I've always loved open shelves for displaying my "pretties" so we left the doors off of a bunch of the cabinets and then put wainscoting on the back wall to give them a more finished look.

No comments: